Police Found The Body Of A Woman Who Went Missing After Tinder Date

The body of 24-year-old Sydney Loofe, who had been missing from Lincoln for three weeks, has been located by Nebraska authorities. A couple of people have been arrested and are in police custody.

This marks a tragic ending to a nearly three week search for the 2011 Neligh-Oakdale graduate, who went missing Nov. 15 following a date with Bailey Boswell of Wilber, a female she met online.

George Loofe, Sydney's father, said the Loofe family would like to:
"Thank everyone that had anything to do with the search for Sydney, including praying, getting the word out, assisting with printing flyers, helping with billboards, spreading the word on social media and other assistance. The entire state and beyond tried to help and in our minds, a lot of good people exist in this world. Sydney just happened to run into someone that wasn't."

Loofe said the family was notified at approximately 4 p.m. Monday, Dec. 4, that a body had been found west of the community of Wilber. A phone call 90 minutes later confirmed the body was Sydney's. As the family attempted to notify family and friends, news of the situation was released by various media outlets.

Aerial and ground searches took place around the community of Wilber over the past week. Police presence near the location of Boswell's residence in Wilber was reported within three days of Sydney's disappearance.

Boswell and Aubrey Trail, a 51-yr.-old male, both persons of interest in Sydney's disappearance, are in custody of the Saline County Sheriff's department on outstanding warrants. The two were found in Missouri last week and transferred to Nebraska.

Boswell had a warrant for her arrest filed in 2016 when she failed to appear in Lancaster County Court on an alleged possession of drug paraphernalia charge. Trail had a warrant issued for his arrest in Saline County, one week following the disappearance of Sydney. The warrant alleged Trail was a felon in possession of a firearm and a habitual criminal.

Sydney's father said the outcome was not expected by the family, but again recognized "good people" in the world.

It is not known where the body was recovered, cause of death or if any charges have been filed in relation to Sydney's disappearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by WizKid Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...